Awarded by the Institute of Leadership & Management, this professional qualification is designed to develop your capability to influence, guide and develop those around you through the power of coaching.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics. You will learn to grow talent and encourage personal growth and responsibility for the benefit of your organisation.
- Attendance: Two study days and online learning
- Duration: Six to nine months
- Start date: September 2017
- Location: You will attend two study days, delivered at our centre in Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire)
Over the course of the qualification you will undertake the following units:
Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
- In this unit you will look at the differences between, and the benefits of, coaching and mentoring; communication skills and overcoming potential barriers to coaching and mentoring; effective coaching – learning styles, models and behaviour; responsibilities of the coach/mentor in remaining ethical and non-judgemental and setting personal boundaries; reviewing and evaluating coaching and mentoring techniques.
Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
- This unit will look at action planning and goal setting; SWOT analysis and reflection; coaching/mentoring tools and techniques; relationship building; feedback and monitoring progress.
Reviewing your own ability as a management coach or mentor
- You will evaluate your practice as a coach and mentor by completing a reflective diary, personal SWOT analysis, look at feedback collected from others and produce an action plan.
- Draw conclusions on your own abilities.
- Create a relevant personal development plan.
You will complete three written assignments, a reflective diary and evidence a minimum of 12 hours of recorded coaching and mentoring.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme. However, you should be working in a role where you are involved in coaching other members of staff.
Prior to commencing the course an invoice will be issued for the total course fee. There are, however, several payment options to choose from:
- Full Fee: Payment in full before the beginning of the course
- Quarterly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by payments every three months thereafter
- Monthly: One payment prior to the start of the course followed by monthly payments thereafter
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|£1,313||£438 every three months||£146 per month|
All 2016/17 TP Congress and Head Nurse Congress delegates and CAW clinical coaches (those in CAW TPs or supporting CAW students on placement) can enrol onto this course for the special price of just £975 plus awarding body fees.
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £129
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of The College of Animal Welfare.
On completion of this course you should be able to confidently and effectively mentor and coach others.
You may wish to continue studying to a higher level in coaching or undertake a related qualification such as the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management which will prepare you for senior management positions.
A professional coaching qualification will stand you in a strong position when applying for future jobs.
“ The course was insightful the excellent tuition during teaching sessions enabled the group to interact and discuss real-life situations and experiences. There was always support and constructive feedback when needed. Since leaving the college and passing the qualification I have been using the skills learnt to thoroughly develop my student nurses. Furthermore, it has given me the drive to venture other avenues looking at the practices whole performance management and HR systems, to further team development. I would recommend anybody in a clinical coach or leadership role to look into this course, it provides all of the grounding for becoming a good coach and leader.”. Read the case study Gary Rutland, ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring