Enter your email address to download a prospectus
Awarded by City & Guilds, this qualification is ideal if you are working (or volunteering) in a customer service role where you have some responsibility for developing the quality of the customer service delivery.
This programme is work-based; therefore you will not be required to come into college. Instead one of our work-based learning assessors will visit you in your place of work to support and assess you at regular intervals throughout your qualification.
Course materials will be provided via our online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), meaning you can access these in your own time, at work or at home, or even on the move.
The knowledge you will gain from undertaking this qualification, alongside the practical experience you will be accumulating through employment or work experience, will enable you to do your job more effectively and boost your career prospects with customer service roles.
If you are not already employed in a customer service environment, but are interested in undertaking this programme, please contact us for an informal discussion about your options, as we may be able to help you source a customer service apprenticeship position within a suitable organisation.
- Attendance: All study and training on this programme is work-based; therefore you will not be required to attend college. Instead you will be supported by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and will be mentored by your supervisor in the workplace; all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact.
- Duration: 18 months
- Start date: You may start this programme at any time during the year.
- Location: You must be working within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire), Potters Bar (London) or Leeds (West Yorkshire). If your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
In order to fulfil the required level of customer service training, the following course units will be mandatory:
- Organise and deliver customer service
- Understand the customer service environment
- Understand customers and customer retention
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
- Resolve customers’ problems
You will then choose from a range of optional units, examples of these include:
- Promote additional products and/or services to customers
- Develop customer relationships
- Champion customer service
- Use social media to deliver customer service
- Buddy a colleague to develop their skills
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Manage team performance
Course assessment consists of completing a portfolio and passing work-based practical assessments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. However, you must either be employed (or volunteering) in an organisation where you have regular contact with customers and have the opportunity to influence service delivery for the benefit of the customers and the organisation.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,702||£1,350.83 per year||£113 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £151.90
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies! (England only)
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of The College of Animal Welfare.
Gaining a formal qualification in customer service puts you in an excellent position as the skills learnt through work-based customer service training can be applied to a wide range of industries.
On completion of this course many students go onto undertake a higher level qualification, or complete formal training in a related subject, such as business administration or leadership and management, in order to expand on their existing skillset.
After you complete your studies with The College of Animal Welfare, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”