Animal Care Apprenticeships – Are they right for your business?
If you’re looking to expand your team, there’s no better way to do so than investing in an Animal Care Apprentice!
Taking on a new apprentice is an affordable way to gain an enthusiastic member of staff who is keen and willing to learn. With monthly payment options, financial incentives and the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices being just £3.70 per hour (April 2018), taking on an apprentice really could be the smart way to develop your business!
Key facts about apprenticeships at The College of Animal Welfare:
- The NMW for apprentices is currently £3.70 per hour (April 2018)
- Apprentices can now be part-time!
- People with a level 4 or above qualification may now still be able to undertake an apprenticeship
- Apprenticeships are also for existing staff – they are not just for new employees!
- Apprentices can be any age! (as long as they are over 16 years of age, or 15 in certain circumstances)
- There’s no need to attend college and they can be started at any time! Our assessors visit at mutually convenient times and provide email and telephone support between visits.
- We can help you recruit, screen candidates and even arrange interviews – for free!
£1,000 incentive to employers taking on a new apprentice!
Take on a new apprentice aged 16-18 years of age and you will receive a £1,000 incentive towards their training fees (in two staged payments). What’s more, if your business has less than 50 contracted employees, the course fees are further reduced – meaning a level 2 animal care apprenticeship could ultimately cost you just £457 plus Awarding Organisation fees (November 2017).
Animal Care Apprenticeship Training
Our City & Guilds Animal Care Apprenticeship programmes run within a 90 mile radius of our Huntingdon, Leeds and Potters Bar centres. They will equip apprentices with the practical skills and knowledge needed to boost productivity and growth, covering key animal care theory and skills such as handling, feeding, diet and nutrition, accommodation, transportation – and much more! You will be allocated a Work-based Learning Assessor who will visit your apprentice in the workplace on a regular basis and be on hand to provide telephone and email support. Your apprentice will have access to our extensive online eLibrary where they can download and read books to help them with their studies.
Get in touch!
If you would like to discuss apprenticeships and how we can help you recruit for free or train existing members of staff, please fill out your details below and we will arrange a non-obligatory chat with a member of our apprenticeships team.