International students

The College of Animal Welfare recognises that animal welfare is a truly global need. We warmly welcome international students who wish to join our accredited full time or online, courses.

Distance learning

The College of Animal Welfare is a modern provider of education in animal welfare. Our online courses are widely recognised by many businesses and organisations around the world as evidence of a good quality education.

Studying any of our online courses means you can begin your course at any time and you can study from your own country! If this sounds like what you’re looking for, listed below are our online courses for you to consider:

If you are studying one of our online, distance learning programmes, please be aware that the course materials and assessment are delivered in English and therefore you must be competent in reading, writing and conversing in the English language.

Come to the UK to study!

You may decide that you would like to study your qualification in the UK. International students are welcome to apply for a place on a number of our courses including those listed below:

Further information and entry requirements for these courses can be found on the relevant links above. If you would like further advice on which course may be suitable for you, please contact us.

Are you from outside the UK?

If you are over 19 years of age, live outside the UK and wish to come to the UK to study you will need to obtain a student visa and will need to meet certain requirements under UK law.

For the latest information, go to the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) – the UK’s national advisory body for international students and the people who teach them. In addition you will also need to consider other factors such as financing your course fees and accommodation.


Tuition fees for the full year need to be paid once an offer has been made and prior to the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) being issued. We will only accept payment in sterling, so we recommend that you have made arrangements for a sterling payment before you accept your place on a course.

The visa letter issued to all full time students classified as overseas for fee purposes will include details of the relevant tuition fees and details of any advance payment required. This letter will be sent to applicants automatically once their offer is unconditional and has been firmly accepted and can be used as proof of advance payment for a UK General Student visa application.