The College of Animal Welfare recognises that animal welfare is a truly global need. We warmly welcome international students who wish to join our accredited full time or online, courses.
The College of Animal Welfare is a modern provider of education in animal welfare. Awarded by City & Guilds, our online courses are widely recognised by many businesses and organisations around the world as evidence of a good quality education.
Studying any of our online courses means you can begin your course at any time and you can study from your own country! If this sounds like what you’re looking for, listed below are our online courses for you to consider:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma for Veterinary Care Assistants – If you are working in a veterinary environment and are keen to improve standards of animal welfare for the animals in your care, this may be the course for you. You will learn about a variety of veterinary care topics, such as housing, handling and restraint, animal first aid, anatomy and physiology and helping with fluid therapy and radiography.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment – Do you have a passion for the environment? This is a great introductory course if you are looking to learn more about the countryside, either for personal interest or to help you gain future employment in this area.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care Online learning – Are you working or volunteering in an animal care environment such as a rescue centre or boarding kennels and want to learn how to look after a variety of small animal species? This course covers a wide range of topics such as feeding, accommodation and behaviour which will give you a broad understanding of how to care for animals in your role.
If you are studying one of our online, distance learning programmes, please be aware that the course materials and assessment are delivered in English and therefore you must be competent in reading, writing and conversing in the English language.
Come to the UK to study!
You may decide that you would like to study your qualification in the UK. International students are welcome to apply for a place on a number of our courses including those listed below:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- FdSc Veterinary Nursing
- BSc (Hons) in Veterinary Nursing (in partnership with Middlesex University, London)
- BSc (Hons) in Veterinary Nursing (in partnership with Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh)
- BSc (Hons) in Veterinary Nursing with Foundation Year (in partnership with Middlesex University)
Our courses are delivered in English, therefore to study with us you should have proof of competence in the English Language by holding either the ESOL qualification or IELTS at a minimum score of 7.0 or 6.0 for the foundation qualification. You may also be required to have your foreign qualifications officially translated into English with a notarised stamp, where necessary.
Further information and entry requirements for these courses can be found on the relevant links above. If you would like further advice on which course may be suitable for you, please contact us.
Are you from outside the EU?
If you are an international student from outside the EU, you will need a Tier 4 student visa, and will need to meet certain requirements under UK law. While the process is not always simple, the rewards are worth it – with a recognised qualification you can really make a difference!
For the latest information, go to the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) – the UK’s national advisory body for international students and the people who teach them. In addition you will also need to consider other factors such as financing your course fees and accommodation.
Tuition fees for the full year need to be paid once an offer has been made and prior to the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) being issued. We will only accept payment in sterling, so we recommend that you have made arrangements for a sterling payment before you accept your place on a course.
The visa letter issued to all full time students classified as overseas for fee purposes will include details of the relevant tuition fees and details of any advance payment required. This letter will be sent to applicants automatically once their offer is unconditional and has been firmly accepted and can be used as proof of advance payment for a UK General Student visa application.