Registered Veterinary Nurse
Name: Mulberry Vets
Address: Mulberry Vets, 171-173 Melford Road, CO10 1JU
At Mulberry Court Veterinary Surgery, we offer a complete package of health care and advice. We welcome cats, dogs, rabbits and small furries. For dentistry, other species will be considered.
The veterinary surgeons and all staff at Mulberry Court Veterinary Surgery always strive to provide clients and their pets with the most complete, valued and quality facilities and veterinary care. We ensure that our veterinarians, vet nurses and support staff will do everything necessary to provide the best possible care for your pet. We nurture your pet like we would our own – with love, compassion and the very best in medicine, surgery and general health care.
Job location: Essex | South East
Position: Full time
- Admit and discharge patients for routine operations.
- Keep up to date with preventative healthcare, product knowledge and practice policies so clients can be advised accurately.
- Run nurse clinics.
- Ensure correct disposal of clinical waste.
- Ensure all SOP’s are adhered to in all areas of work at all times to include; surgical nursing, inpatient nursing, nursing clinics, late nurse’s duties, night duties, and weekend duties.
- Ensure effective stock control and rotation.
- Ensure the highest standard of nursing care is delivered to all patients at all times.
- Maintain accurate client and patient medical records at all times to include computer updates, hospital and anaesthetic forms.
- Be fully aware of all Health & Safety issues and read all information supplied.
- Be competent and adhere to practice protocols in the following tasks; monitoring anaesthetics, venepuncture, urine collection, skin scrapes, taking/processing radiographs, assist with MRI/CT scanning, performing routine laboratory procedures, maintenance of tubes and drains, gowning & gloving to assist aseptically in theatre, under veterinary direction anesthetise and intubate, scale and polish teeth, administer enemas, calculate and administer medications.
- Dispense repeat prescriptions.
- Assist with reception duties as required.
- Assist the veterinary surgeons as required.
- Communicate with clients as required – inpatients care/nurse clinics/reception duties.
- Assist with training student veterinary nurses.
- Carry out schedule three procedures if suitably trained and registered – see ‘Schedule Three Procedures Sheet’.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning is carried out to a high standard & record in the cleaning folder.
- Maintain & clean all equipment in the appropriate manner- see SOPS.
- Carry out stock orders when required and assist with the biannual stock take.
- Ensure all areas are adequately stocked at the end of the day.
Find Similar Jobs
Create a personal profile to help companies find you. Register today.
Upon submission of this application request, your details will be sent to the employer, who will then contact you with further instructions. All the above details will also be sent out to you.