Full Time Registered Veterinary Nurse – Fort Kinnaird Vets4Pets
Address: Isambard House, SN2 2EH
Phone: 01367 821230
Vets4Pets and Companion Care form part of The Pets at Home Vet Group, the largest Veterinary Group in the UK, with a national network of veterinary practices dedicated to putting pets and clients first. We offer a wide selection of exciting opportunities for clinical and non-clinical professionals looking to take the next important step in their careers.
Job location: Midlothian (County of Edinburgh) | Edinburgh and The Lothians
Role: Veterinary | Animal Care
Position: Full time
You will be joining a practice owner and a great team of 16, including 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and their 5 vets in this busy and diligent clinic. Our team here sees a variety of cat and dog cases but also a good amount of small furries. We are looking for someone to come on board and really participate in the ongoing growth and development of the practice. We want your input and ideas. Our clinic is really looking for someone who is flexible, open, practical, is a proactive individual who has the ability to use initiative, learn on the job to slot into their new working environment.
You will need to be a dynamic and proactive nurse. The key to your success in this role will be your ability to learn on the job, integrate with the existing work patterns and protocols, pay attention as we do to the client journey and keep a high yet practical level of attention to detail. We value honesty and transparency throughout our work and our work ethic is based around results.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Work closely with the wilder clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver timely and effective customer care
- Work closely with the head nurse to learn about the role and how you can best deliver the required results
- Work with the vets to ensure standards are upheld as well as removing work from the vet team
- Interact with clients with professionalism and with the right level of detail staying both practical and timely
- Follow our procedures and protocols consistently and to the required standard
- Show clients care, compassion, stay proactive and aware of their client journey with us
- Continue to grow and develop in your clinical skills demonstrating this by regularly suggesting areas of improvement.
Previous experience is preferred and Clinical Coaching experience is beneficial but not essential. New graduates will also be considered.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Client contact and consultations (admission, discharges, vaccinations and clinics)
- Keeping excellent appropriately detailed client notes / records
- Assisting the operating vet during surgeries, recovery and in patient care
- Stock ordering, stock control
- Insurance work – managing claims as well as pre authorisations and liaising with the clinical team on this
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Other practice administrative task
Find Similar Jobs
Create a personal profile to help companies find you. Register today.
Upon submission of this application request, your details will be sent to the employer, who will then contact you with further instructions. All the above details will also be sent out to you.