Animal Nursing Assistant
Name: Barn Lodge Veterinary Centre
Address: 46 Ormskirk Road , Upholland
We’re a family run business with no intention of ever “going corporate”. This allows us to deliver the care our clients want, day and night, 365 days a year. Over the last 28 years many things have changed at Barn Lodge; faces, furnishings and fury friends but what has remained constant is our unrivalled dedication to animal welfare. Our practice is filled with a modern and forward thinking team that still hold the traditional values we were founded upon 28 years ago. We’re constantly looking at how we perform and always ask the questions “is what we’re doing right, is it right for our clients?” This attitude towards veterinary medicine has allowed us to flourish in providing veterinary care in the North West of England whilst keeping true to our core value of ensuring animal welfare in an ethical environment.
Job location: Lancashire | North West
Role: Animal Care | Veterinary
Position: Full time
Closes in: 26 days (Saturday 11 June 2022)
We have an amazing opportunity for a forward thinking Animal Nurse Assistant to join our small friendly team at our Upholland Practice.
Here at Barn Lodge, we are all about providing excellent customer care while ensuring animal welfare, therefore we are looking for someone who shares our passion for providing a great experience.
What will you be doing?
As an Animal Nursing Assistant your role will be highly varied, with every day being different. This role will require you to work as part of a team at one of our busy branch practices, supporting the nurses with their duties. Some daily responsibilities you will have include:
- Providing assistance to the veterinary surgeon or nurse. This includes pre-and post-operative recovery as well as care for patients.
- Admit patients for operations on a daily basis, going through consent forms with owners.
- Booking clients and their pets in for their appointments.
- Taking payments via cash, credit/debit card.
- Provide a high level of care as well as support with surgical procedures.
- Handing out prescription medication.
- Cash handling & accounts reconciliation.
- Maintaining stock levels
- Housekeeping and general maintenance of the surgery.
Due to the variety in the role, it is imperative that you’re able to think on your feet, work well in a team, and have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate should be competent in the following:
- Commutating with clients via telephone, email, and face to face
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills to be confident handling transactions of both cash and card
- Hard working individual who can work at a fast pace
- Time management
- Awareness of professional obligations
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Can work effectively as part of a team
We will provide you with all the training and support for you to excel in your role.
You will be surrounded by colleagues who love what they do and encourage each other and with the training and support there is the opportunity to grow a long-term career.
What you get from us!
£20.00 shoe allowance.
Discount on own animal care
20 days paid holiday + bank holidays
A supportive, caring safe place to work.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to thrive in this role and become part of the Barn Lodge family, please apply with you CV and a covering letter telling us why you feel this role would be suited to you!
Find Similar Jobs
Create a personal profile to help companies find you. Register today.
Upon submission of this application request, your details will be sent to the employer, who will then contact you with further instructions. All the above details will also be sent out to you.