Clinical Skills Manager
Job location: Huntingdon Centre, North London Centre
Role: Veterinary | Education
Position: Full time
Closes in: 10 days (Friday 15 July 2022)
The College of Animal Welfare is the UK’s largest veterinary nursing training providers, amongst other programmes. Here at the college, we inspire our students to accomplish their ambitions and reach their full potential to make their dream careers of working with animals and joining a profession, become reality!
The College of Animal Welfare has a history of being a pioneer with a number of unique achievements. Operating from five sites across the country and two satellite centres, we are a college working towards our vision of ‘Providing innovative learning opportunities for the promotion of animal welfare
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, Clinical Skills Manager with responsibility for leading clinical skills OSCE assessments across the College. This role will be responsible for the standardisation and standard-setting across the College team, based at either our Huntingdon or North London Centre.
The key purpose of the role will cover the following areas:
- Clinical Skills Practitioner
- Student Support
- Clinical Coach/Supervisor Support
- Standardisation (Clinical skills/Practical Skills)
- Identify and source additional resources required for clinical skills sessions across all centres
- Plan teaching and assessment schedules
- Support clinical skills lecturers with standardised delivery of diploma and degree practical units
- Ordering practical equipment
Why join us?
Due to the nature of the organisation, successful candidates would be joining a company that encourages personal development and nurtures ambition.
You will receive an annual holiday allowance of 25 days per year (with 8 additional days for bank holidays), and the option to ‘buy or sell’ additional holiday and a paid birthday day off! You will also be able to join our Group Pension Scheme and have access to our Employee Assistance Programme. We offer reimbursement of authorised expenses for work-related activities (e.g. train travel/London allowance) and hotel accommodation pre-booked and paid for, when overnight stays may be required.
Other Staff Benefits:
- Sick pay on an increasing scale up to 12 days per rolling 12 months
- We offer reimbursement of authorised work-related expenses including professional registration fees.
- Required travel to Centres (other than your contractual place of work), train travel and hotel accommodation pre-booked and paid for, will be reimbursed.
- Death in Service equivalent to 4 x your annual salary
- Jury service – payment for lost days reimbursed
- London Allowance (North London Centre only)
For further details including salary and hours or to request an application pack please contact: Rachel Batten, Human Resources Administrator on our jobs email below.
The College of Animal Welfare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All successful applicants will undertake a DBS Check.
Download: Job Description
Applications and Enquiries
To apply for any of the vacancies please download the job application form and send it to HR via email or post.
Post: The College of Animal Wefare, Headland House, Chord Business Park, London Road, Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire PE29 2BQ
If you would like an informal chat about working with us, please call HR on 01480 422060.
The College of Animal Welfare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All successful applicants will undertake a Disclosure DBS Check. The College undertakes not to discriminate unlawfully either directly or indirectly against a job applicant or one of its own employees. The College is committed to equal opportunities: appointments are open to members of the community on an equal basis.
Before applying please take a few minutes to read our Job Application Privacy Notice.