Register your details to receive updates from the School of Business and Management
This Top Up programme is designed for those who have already achieved the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management through The College of Animal Welfare and would like to top up their qualification to a Level 5 Diploma.
You will attend two study weekends at College. These will either be in June and November OR September and March depending on the units you undertook for your Level 5 Certificate.
- Attendance: Two study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Next course start date: 8/9 September 2018
- Location: Godmanchester (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Membership of the ILM
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
You will look at the following units on the forthcoming study weekends:
08 & 09 September 2018
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
You will complete written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
You should have achieved the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management with The College of Animal Welfare and be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme.
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
Course Fees – ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management Top-Up
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£1,295||£108 per month|
If you are employed in a veterinary practice (or have attended the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management course at The College of Animal Welfare) you can now sign up to this course for a special price of just £895 (or £75 per month) plus awarding body fees and also receive a year’s free Veterinary Management Group (VMG) membership!
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM Fees: £175
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of The College of Animal Welfare.
This is a well-respected qualification that will be a professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This professionally recognised qualification will provide you with solid leadership and managerial skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members.