Register your details to receive updates from the School of Business and Management
Awarded by the ILM, this professional qualification is ideal if you are currently working in a middle management role and are looking to progress into senior management and raise your profile in your organisation.
You will undertake a range of units which are aimed at developing strategic leadership and management skills. You will increase your confidence and abilities in leading, motivating and inspiring people and use core management skills to achieve results through an efficient and effective team approach. This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
- Attendance: Four study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 18 months
- Next course dates: 16/17 March 2019, 8/9 June 2019, 7/8 September 2019 and November 2019 (date TBC)
- Location: Godmanchester (near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire)
Membership of the ILM
As a student undertaking this qualification you will receive free studying membership with the ILM, which gives you access to a range of invaluable tools and resources that will compliment your management training. Studying memberships lasts for the length of your programme or a minimum of six months.
Free resources include:
- Learning Zone: an online toolkit with access to hundreds of management e-learning materials
- Resource centre: browse and download thousands of management books and magazines
- Business book summaries: overviews of more than 700 top business books
- Edge online: the latest management news and exclusive articles direct to your inbox
- Networking and events: specialist management events held across the UK and Ireland
You will undertake the following units:
16 & 17 March 2019
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
08 & 09 June 2019
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
07 & 08 September 2019
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
November 2019 (date TBC)
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
You will complete written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
There are no formal academic entry requirements to undertake this programme however you must be working in a role with significant span of control and management responsibility. If you would like to discuss whether you can meet the assessment demands please contact us.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, you will be able to continue to receive support and access to your course by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification of your award.
Course Fees – ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,950||£165 per month|
If you are employed in a veterinary practice you can now sign up to this course for a special price of just £1,950 (or £110 per month) plus awarding body fees and also receive a year’s free Veterinary Management Group (VMG) membership!
All 2017/18 TP Congress and Head Nurse Congress delegates can also enrol onto this course for the special price of just £1,950 plus awarding body fees.
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM Fees: £179
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of The College of Animal Welfare.
This is a well-respected qualification that will be a professional addition to your CV and stand you in good stead when applying for managerial or supervisory positions. Upon completion of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification, depending on your management experience you could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
This professionally recognised qualification will provide you with solid leadership and managerial skills, allowing you to make management decisions and confidently lead other staff members.