2nd Year Student
Job location: Yorkshire, West Riding | Yorkshire and the Humber
Role: Animal Care
Position: Full time
Closes in: 10 days (Sunday 01 October 2023)
Permanent 2nd Year SVN
Holly House Veterinary Hospital, West Yorkshire
Holly House are looking for a 2nd year SVN to join their highly experienced team. You will work alongside the team in all aspects including surgery, medicine and ECC.
Work life balance with real flex
The successful candidate will work a 5 day week and cover 1 in 8 weekends, two days are given in lieu after working a weekend, this is Monday and Tuesday after. Students also work 1 in 8 weeks of nights with a week off after.
Join our modern practice in a traditional setting
We are small animal and exotic practice whose case load consists of first opinion, emergency/triage and referrals. We have certificate holders who accept referral cases for CT, exotic, surgery and medicine.
We have a wide range equipment which includes multiparameter, endoscopy, laparoscopy, ultrasonography and both digital and dental x-ray.
Holly House has 4 practices, 3 of which are within a few miles of each other and within an excellent location in Leeds with easy travel access to surrounding areas.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Find Similar Jobs
Sign up to CAW Jobs and create a personal profile to help companies find you. Register today.
Make sure to log in before applying below, to ensure that a link to your profile is sent to the employer.
Upon submission of this application request, your details will be sent to the employer, who will then contact you with further instructions. All the above details will also be sent out to you.