There are many reasons why almost 500 practices have chosen to become a The College of Animal Welfare (CAW) Placement Practice. Here are just a few of them:
- A keen and motivated student who:
- has been pre-interviewed by us
- has completed industry work experience
- has a reference from an MRCVS or RVN regarding their suitability to train
- Can free up other members of staff for more complex activities
- May become a loyal and long term member of staff after they qualify
- Will fit into your practice rota
- Can bring fresh ideas to the team and bring renewed energy across the practice
- Can be interviewed by you prior to being offered a placement
- Free clinical coach training and standardisation/update events
- Free eLibrary access for clinical coaches supporting CAW students
- Discounts and offers on certain CAW courses and congresses
- ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching – Save money off course fees!
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring – Save money off course fees!
- Clinical Coach Congress – Early bird rate applies throughout!
- Head Nurse Congress – Early bird rate applies throughout!
- Advanced Veterinary Nursing Congress – Early bird rate applies throughout!
Want to find out more? Call our Placement Liaison Team on 01480 422060 or request a call back.
"I’d had regrets about not pursuing a career in veterinary nursing when I was younger. After a after a long career with NHS Blood and Transplant, I considered it too late to change my world, and a bit crazy at my age! However, with lots of encouragement and support, I took the plunge. With help from the college before I started the course, I was interviewed and offered a training placement at Cromwell Veterinary Group in Huntingdon. I was keen to fit in and be a helpful and useful member of the practice as quickly as possible. The whole team have been amazing. I have not only been accepted and welcomed, I have been supported, encouraged, and provided with training from knowledgeable and skilful professionals who have animal welfare at the heart of all they do. I consider myself very lucky to have had this second career opportunity, and now have no regrets at all… except perhaps to have had the courage to have done this earlier!" Paula Wakeman, Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing Placement Student